Being a child actor in Hollywood often brings a tumultuous road to maturity along with fame and fortune. Shedding your pre-pubescent skin and blossoming into an adult while under the spotlight can be confusing - we don’t have to name names (ehem Mccauley Caulkin ehem). But going from being a child star, to being a short adult star can be even more challenging.
Yet, there are a bunch of guys who overcame their stereotypical boyhood roles to become fantastic entertainers and even better style ambassadors for short guys across the globe.
So we’ve made a list of the top five short male child stars who not only kill it on the big screen but on the red carpet as well.
1. Daniel Radcliffe - If there was an award for best all around ambassador for short dudes, Daniel would be a great choice. This Brit stud overcame the pressures of being a child star in Harry Potter, to star in broadway shows, and TV sitcoms. Not only is he charismatic and down to earth, but he is also quite stylish! Daniel stands at a modest 5’5” and currently resides right here in New York City!
Source: Hello Magzine
2. Zac Efron - “There’s not a star in heaven that we can’t reach!” - Zac Efron stands at 5’8” but that never stopped him from starring in High School Musical, one of the iconic Disney films of the 00’s. Like the aforementioned Radcliffe, Efron overcame the pressures of being boxed into his role as Troy in HSM to become an extremely likable funnyman/hunk in films like Baywatch and The Greatest Showman. He is a great example for short dudes of how confidence, good looks, a great body, and of course, great style are way more important than stature.
Source: Mens Fashion Blog India
3. Joseph Gordon-Levitt - Just making the cut on this list at 5’9” is Joseph Gordon-Levitt, who starred as a child in television shows and films like Dark Shadows, and Angels in the Outfield. Later he starred in mega hit movies we all know and love like 500 Days of Summer, 50/50, Inception, The Dark Knight Rises, and Premium Rush to name a few. Gordon-Levitt is known for his versatility as an actor - but we appreciate his sharp fashion sense too!
Source: Just Jared
4. Justin Bieber - “The Biebs” was discovered at age 13 by a talent director who saw a YouTube video of Justin. From child pop star, to reckless teenager, Bieber has been through a lot. But, he has blossomed into one of the world’s best selling music artists and has even settled down, getting married in 2018. The Candian singer stands at 5’9” and was infamous for his bowl-shaped haircut in the 2010’s. Now, Bieber is a street style master - we would recommend the Kingston in black from Under 510 (he’s probably a 27 inch inseam too!)
Source: Daily Mail
5. Josh Hutcherson - Last on our list of stylish short male child stars, is heartthrob Josh Hutcherson, who stands at 5’7”. As a young actor, he starred in movies like The Polar Express, RV, Kicking and Screaming, and Zathura. But lately he has become known for his role in The Hunger Games movies, playing the fierce Peeta Mellark. Josh is a real stand-up guy and was always extremely confident as an actor. The Kentucky native knows how to rock a flannel and jeans, but can also clean up well in a black suit and tie!
Source: Hollywood Reporter
Source: Tom + Lorenzo
So if there is a lesson to be learned is that even in an aesthetic driven Hollywood world, shorter guys can hold their own - and it always helps when you have a good fashion sense! These 5 short dudes are inspiring us to keep helping you guys look your best and get to where you need to be in life without worrying about your clothes not fitting you!